Thursday, September 18, 2014

Singapore Baby!

So this afternoon I decided to look at flight prices to Vietnam again to just see how they were going. When I searched for flights they were coming in way cheaper than they were before. I'm not sure if it is because this time I was seeing them in USD vs. NZD or because they actually were way cheaper but I started thinking maybe I should buy my ticket. The prices I was seeing today were around $890 (not sure if this is NZD or USD). Last time I search a few weeks ago they were $1200 (likely NZD but possibly USD).  Even if the tickets are now $890 USD vs. $1200 NZD (which aren't much different), spending $890 USD just feels much cheaper than $1200 NZD so I starting thinking maybe I should commit. I was doing all of this searching shortly before going out for dinner, however, and didn't have time to do anything about it.

(Oh, by the way this all came after realizing that there are no flights from Samoa to Asia so there is no way I will stay on in Samoa and catch another flight to Asia - they don't exist. All flights from Samoa go through Auckland, Honolulu, Nadi (Fiji), or Australia. With this I know I will be coming back to Auckland on December 5th.)

After dinner, however, I decided to see if I could get a significantly cheaper flight to another part of Asia and voila, I found a ticket to Singapore for less than $400 USD. So I bought it. I am now going to Singapore on December 11. The flight plus a checked bag is costing me just under $400 USD and flights from Singapore to Vietnam can be purchased for under $100 USD. I found my cheapest path to Vietnam - and I get to visit Singapore along the way! YAY! I can't believe I just bought my ticket only about 15 minutes after seeing the ticket prices. What a way to live - totally free like that. I looked at the visa requirements (none for US Citizens) and what flight prices were to Vietnam - cheap as - and that was that, I bought the ticket. Amazing! Plus, yesterday at lunch I found out a lot of my co-workers have lived in Singapore so I will chat to them, see how long I should stay there for, what to do, where to say, etc... and I will plan my trip. Plus, ironically, I have met a lot of customers recently who live in Singapore, many of whom have given me their contact info in the event I go there and they will help me with what to do. This is amazing! How crazy is the world - things just work out! Asia, here I come! Second continent down on this trip now. Nice! Only 3 more to go before returning to America!

Okay, that's enough excitement for one night. Off to bed so I can get to work tomorrow.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment