Friday, July 26, 2013

Travel Books

No news yet from the farm in Georgia or the cafe in New Zealand on dates. They're both months off, though, so no rush!

I bought two travel books today that I plan on reading over the next few weeks: (1) Unlikely Destinations, the lonely planet story: How two backpackers trekked across Asia - and revolutionized the world of independent travel! and (2) Wanderlust and lipstick: The essential guide for women traveling solo. Can't wait to get started and start learning what may lie ahead! (If you have suggestions of other good travel books, I'd love to hear them.)

In other news, I had lunch today with a co-worker who reminded me of great resource, couchsurfing.org. I set up a profile and started looking for people in other cities. You can find both places to stay (hence the name) and people to hang out with while you're traveling. I might try it out in the states while I'm WWOOFing before I try it in another country. If I have a good experience here it'll be a great resource to tap abroad.

I've also started building my network of connections and connection's connections abroad. If you now people around the world who I may be able to meet up with in another country or use as a resource while planning my foreign travels please let me know. I always feel more comfortable when I have a contact somewhere, even if it's just someone to tell me where to get the best meal in the city.

As always, if you know of any good pit stops or detours I can take on my round the world journey please let me know!

Night!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog! Can't wait to see you in Australia. I read The Wander Year and enjoyed it. Its very quick, and offers good travel inspiration.
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete