Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A very eventful afternoon in Paddington!

I finally made my first video of my world adventure!!! Watch it here

So today Kelsey and I went to a cute little neighborhood in Sydney called Paddington and spent out time drinking coffee, walking around the neighborhood, exploring the shops, and making new friends. We started our adventure at a cute little coffee shop, Tiger Mottle, enjoying coffee, tea and pastries and discussion our futures. Kelsey wants to go into writing, I am trying to find a way to finance a never ending world tour. Here's a few photos:




The delicious bakery case! 


My treat: dark chocolate and boysenberry jam bread pudding. 


A beautiful decaf latte.

After our morning coffee break we walked around paddington looking at the beautiful houses. Here's a few examples:



Just beautiful, aren't they?! The whole neighborhood is full of homes like this. They have cute little patios in the front and nice small yards in the back. I could definitely live in this neighborhood.

On our walk around Paddington, we stumbled across the cutest book store ever, Ampersand Cafe and Bookstore, on Oxford Street. Here's a video I made there and a few pictures of the basement level:




After we left the bookstore we walked over to Woollahra, a neighboring neighborhood. We were on a mission for macaroons and having trouble finding them and hoped we would have better luck there. We didn't find any macaroons in Woollahra but I did find myself a tour guide for tomorrow, a cute Australian guy named Adam. Kelsey is working tomorrow so he offered to show me around the city. Can't wait!

In other photos, here's a photo of the beautiful Plumeria (street name, Frangipani) flower that you see all over Sydney:


All in all, today turned out to be a beautiful day. It was chilly, cloudy, and windy this morning but by the afternoon it felt like we were in Hawaii. There are so many gorgeous and fragrant flowers growing in people's gardens in Paddington it smelled just like paradise! The sun was out, the air was warm, and the flowers were in bloom. I'm really starting to fall in love with Sydney, now I just need to find a reason to stay.

In other news, Kelsey and I have plans with Gardi, my friend from South Africa, for Saturday. We are going to see the Yoko Ono exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art here in Sydney. I'll definitely let you know how it is!

I'm not sure my day is going to get any more exciting for today. If anything does happen I'll post again, if not I'll check back in tomorrow.

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment