Friday, November 22, 2013

Days 1 & 2

So I've spent two full days in Sydney now. The first day, Wednesday, I spent most of the day at the beach. This was great until Wednesday night when I realized how sun burnt I was. I'm still red today (Friday) but I can tell it's starting to heal. Wednesday night we went to a comedy show/competition that one of Kelsey and Phil's friends was performing in. There were 12 comedians in total at the competition competing for a $1000 cash prize. Their friend, Jodie, won the competition so that was really cool. Even better, however, was the most of the comedians were funny. I'd say I enjoyed 9 of the 12 comedians so it was a fun night. Since Jodie won this semi-final competition we will be attending the final competition this coming Wednesday to support her again. Can't wait!

Yesterday, Thursday, Kelsey and I went into the mall at Bondi Junction to do some shopping. Kelsey and Phil are attending a work party on Saturday night for Phil's company and Kelsey needed a new dress. The mall was really nice a cross between Galleria and Southdale. Lots of high-end shopping (Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc.) and lots of affordable stores as well. Something weird, the grocery store is in the mall. It was strange to be walking through a shopping mall carrying bags of groceries but it was quiet convenient.

Today we don't have much on the calendar. It's supposed to rain most of today so we might just hang out around the house or go back to the mall. Tonight, however, we are likely going to head into town to meet up with my other friend who is living here, Alejandra. I'll let you know how it all turns out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment