Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Mary's and My Sunburn

Morning!

So last night we went to Mary's, a Hamburger and Fried Chicken restaurant in the Newtown neighborhood in Sydney. The hamburgers were good, but I would by no means fly to Sydney to eat them. The fried chicken was decent. It tasted a little burnt and the breading didn't have much flavor. The chicken, however, was very moist and delicious! The Australians I was with all thought it was the best chicken they'd ever had in their life. Kelsey, the only other American, agreed more with me, however. The food was good, but nothing to write home about. (Funny, I am writing home about it anyways.)

On to my sunburn. So I've been talking about this sunburn for days so I figured I'd show you guys what my back looks like. The lightest areas are obviously what was covered. The lighter areas were where I had applied an ample amount of sunscreen (please note the partial hand print on the right side of my lower back). The darker brown/red areas are where I was/still am burnt. The back of my legs look somewhat similar to my back. I think I have the best looking tan lines on the beach! ;) Today and/or tomorrow I'm going to try to work on evening this out a bit so I don't look so funny for the next 3 months that I'm going to be spending in the sun. Moral of the story: when in Australia apply lots of sunscreen, reapply often, and bring someone with you who can apply it to your back!



Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment