Monday, October 20, 2014

A bunch of random thoughts...

Okay, so here is just a bunch of random things put together.

I reached out to a company that will buy any car, any condition, about buying my car when I leave the county. They told me they could offer me about $1000 for it. Not too bad, right? Granted the car makes it through the road trip I think I will definitely take that route. I won't have any stress about getting rid of it and I can get at least a little bit of money before my departure. Done deal!

Tomorrow for lunch I am going out with a customer from work, Alan, to talk about how politics works here in NZ, politics in America, all sorts of interesting political things. I can't wait! I miss being in school, having interesting discussions like this. I think this will be fun!

I have noticed recently when people ask me where I am from I no longer respond with "I am from Minneapolis," I have started saying "I grew up in Minneapolis." I have just started saying this recently, in the last month or so maybe, but it is so weird to see how I am beginning to distance myself from MN. I guess this "traveling" life that I am living now is really starting too feel just so real to me, this is my real life, being here in Auckland right now is my real life and MN is starting to feel like a more and more distant place with each passing day. Crazy!

With that, I have been away from home for so long that I am really starting to miss out on important things. My best friend from high school, Allyson, just got married on Saturday. I can't believe I missed it! I have seen one photo so far and it was so beautiful. See for yourself:


Obviously, Allyson, the beautiful bride, is in the middle. To here immediate right is Cristina, another friend from high school, and to here immediate left is Caroline, again from Edina. On the far left of the photo is Ally's cousin Caitlin and on the far right of the photo is her sister, Korbyn. Ladies, it look so wonderful, I'm sure you all had a fabulous time!

More randomness, this coming Thursday evening we are having a big going away dinner for me since I am done at Ortolana next week. Although next week would have been a much more appropriate time to have this dinner, one of my good friends from work, Julie, is going to Bali on Saturday with her family and bf and bf's family so we needed to do it before she leaves.  (I will see her again before I leave NZ but not before my road trip with the parental unit). Anyways, big dinner, drinks, fun on Thursday night! The photos should be fabulous! Get excited!

Tonight, as we were packing down the restaurant, we had just a fabulous time. It was Jason (NZ), Roma (France), Edy (NZ), Sergi (Spain), Kevin (NZ), Ezra (US), Ito (Indonesia), Elizabeth (Australia), and I and we just had such a great time. Laughing, singing, cracking jokes. I have never had a job where I've had so much fun doing all the shitty work. I am really going to miss these times when I am gone. What a fun job this has been and boy how I will miss it! 

And that's all the randomness for right now. One shout out to my parents - please send me your flight info so I can plan for your arrival better!

Okay, I'm off to bed now folks. 

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment