Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Most Beautiful Beach - Black Sand

Today I was out exploring with Elizabeth and Ben and we stumbled upon one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. It was this amazing, and almost completely deserted, beach on the west coast of the North Island, about 1.5 hours from Auckland, with jet black sand. Many people will say the Western Beaches (by which they mean a few popular beached in West Auckland) have black sand but really it is just sand with some black pieces. The sand at the beach we were at today was jet black, all of it, every last grain. It was AMAZING! I have never been a black sand beach before, and I will definitely be going back to this one, parents get ready! It was so stunningly beautiful. I have no pictures, again (tried to charge my camera today and it didn't work. I think it's broken. I'll be getting a new one VERY soon!), but will try to get some from Ben and post them here. Anyways, it's late and I have more fun plans for tomorrow so time to hit the hay.

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment