Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Georgia :)

Okay so yesterday I arrived in Georgia. I have so much to tell but only a few minutes now to write. I will post more later.

The drive down here was great. It took me all in all about 22 hours on the road including gas stops, rest stops, and eating time. It wasn't too bad, it only took 2 days. I spent the night in Mt. Vernon, Il. Nice town but I have no intention of ever moving there.

The highlights of the drive:

-Mt. Pleasant, IA: This city was just gorgeous! They have lots of old homes, looks very southern, and a very cute downtown. I don't think the city is doing too well economically right now but it has lots of great curb appeal.

- Hannibal, MO: They have one of the most beautiful high schools in the country. In my opinion, at least, but I can't imagine I'm wrong. I tried to find a picture on line that did it justice but I couldn't. Looks like you'll just have to travel to Hannibal, MO to see for yourself.

- Country Junction Diner, near Nashville, TN: This diner was recommended to me by Willie, a nice older gentleman I met in a gas station, who was full of Southern Hospitality and a great lunch recommendation. I had a "Meat and 2". For those of you who don't know what that is, much like I didn't know yesterday, a meat and 2 is a meat portion with two vegetable sides. It also comes with bread. My meat and 2 consisted of pork ribs, collard greens, coleslaw, and fried cornbread. I also had a sweet tea (recommended by Willie). This was the perfect southern meal!

I'll post more later today. We're about to leave for Gainesville now.

Best!


No comments:

Post a Comment