Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cows and Honey

So today I went with Paul, the husband here at the farm, to check on the cattle. I had to do this myself the other day and I just mostly observed them from afar. Today, however, I got up closer. Not too close, but closer. I maintained a safe distance at all times!

Here's a few photos of the cattle. You can see why I didn't get too close, look at those horns!!

One of the females

The male of the group
Just because I wouldn't get close, however, didn't stop Paul. Here he is petting once of the cattle:


And here's a video of me out in the cattle fields.

Now this evening we've been working on extracting honey. We got about 120 lbs. from the bees on this farm here. Here are two videos of me describing the extracting process:

Opening the Honey Comb
Honey Extracting

That's all for today. Tomorrow I am heading back to MPLS for a few days. I may of may not make post while I'm home. Either way, I'm heading back out on my adventures on Thursday. Don't forget to check back!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the blog and videos Annabelle. Keep posting them because it's very fun to see what you're up to. It looks like you're working hard and learning a lot about the MN farm community.

    You might know this already but Marianne had to put Mia down this morning so it's been very sad day. Mia was an amazing companion and friend to Marianne and it will be very hard not to see her again.

    I will stay in touch! Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete