Saturday, September 21, 2013

Goat Show Prep

It's been a long day today and we have an early morning tomorrow (up at 5am) so I'm going to make this short:

Today I helped with a few chores around the house (putting straw down on the new grass seed, picking tomatoes, etc...) and then Doug (the husband at this farm) and I headed into the fair grounds to get set up for the show that starts tomorrow. The new experience I had today was using a post driver to set posts up in the barn. That is hard work! I forgot my camera otherwise I would've taken a photo of myself doing some real manual labor. In the afternoon we went into La Crosse to pick up the audio equipment for the show. Then, after returning to the fair grounds, Doug left me there for dead. Well, in reality he didn't, but I was sitting there for like 15 minutes with no idea where Doug was or any idea if/when he was coming back. Although I had a neighbor's cell phone, reception is very spotty around here so that doesn't always help much. Eventually Doug came back for me but I had started to peruse the goat stalls looking for a good place to sleep for the night if it were to come down to that. I think a goat would keep me warm even though it is getting down into the 40s here tonight. Brrr!

Okay, I've gotta be up at 5am tomorrow morning so I'm going to bed, now.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment