Sunday, September 1, 2013

MN State Fair 2013

So I just got back from 12+ hours at the State Fair. Probably my best fair experience to date. I went with a good group of people (my mom, dad, neighbor Jane, Jane's son William, Jane's husband Nick, my friend Cristina, and Cristina's mom Nancy), paced ourselves well on the food and shared everything, and saw lots of new things.

Food, in this order:
**Please note, everything was shared at least 4 ways**
Breakfast sausage corn dogs @ Hansen Foods
Australian battered potatoes @ Australian Battered Potatoes
Cinnamon Roll @ Oklahoma Cinnamon Roll in the Food Building
Affogato @ Minnesota Farmer's Union
Deep Fried Olives @ Fried Fruit
Onion Rings @ Ball Park Cafe
Sweet Martha's Cookies @ Sweet Martha's Cookies
Lemonade @ Lemonade and Cheese on a Stick
Porketta Pig Wings @ Mancini's
Malts @ Cattle Building
Cheese Curds @ Mouse place in the Food Building
Three Little Pigs Torta @ Manny's Torta in the Food Building
Nitro Ice Cream @ Nitro in the Food Building
Onion Rings @ Ball Park Cafe
Mini Donuts @ Tom Thumb


Activities, not necessarily in this order:
Dairy Goat Barn - Goats, Chickens, Rabbits, Ducks, Turkeys (The goats from Kara Kahl farm where I was recently WWOOFing were at the fair. It was fun to show them off to my family/friends!)
Horse Barn
Cattle Barn
Education Building
Square Dance Lessons
Fine Arts Building
Agriculture Building - Seed Art, Big Pumpkin
The Giant Slide
Grandstand
DNR Building (I greeted people as they entered and left. Some people actually thought I worked there.)
Leinienkugle's Stage
Miracle of Birth Center (A cow was giving birth this evening but it was taking forever and we didn't get to see the actual birth)
International Bazaar
Colosseum

I can't wait to go back next year!!! Love you, MN State Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment