Monday, May 5, 2014

Nothing but Work

These last few days I haven't been doing anything but working. Yesterday I worked a 12.5 hour shift and today I worked 8.5 hours. It's nice to get half of a full time week in in two days! I will still work 5 days, but most of that will be "extra" hours. They don't have overtime here like we do in America - no time and half pay over 40 hours - but I am always happy for the extra money. I can do more and save more and then do more later.

I have decided that I'm going to go away for a nice vacation this winter - maybe in September - to one of the south pacific islands. Maybe I'll go for 2 weeks? Just fly there and figure everything out on the fly. I'm thinking French Polynesia, where Tahiti is. Or maybe Niue. We'll see. It will depend on timing and flight costs and anyone I run into between now and then who says anything along the lines of "You have to go to Tahiti". That would pretty much make my decision for me.

Anyways, that's all that's been happening in my boring life.

And here's a shout-out to Michael - I had a great time in Raglan last week. When I got to work on Thursday, after spending the night in Raglan, I had that post-vacation depression you get when you come back from a week at the beach. Although I was only gone from the city for one night I really felt like I had been away, on some great adventure, for much longer. It was so nice to make the decision on the fly to stay the night, to hang out with someone new that I met, and just be spontaneous. Living here in Auckland I feel like I've lost that a bit. Although I am getting out and doing plenty in my time off from work, I cannot be all that spontaneous because I can't go too far from Auckland and have a rather limited budget. All that said, my trip to Raglan last week was fantastic! It had that spontaneous feel, I had fun meeting new people, all was just great!

I typically have Tuesday and Wednesday off, so we would be prepping for a few days of adventure right now, but this week I am off Thursday and Friday. I will be working again tomorrow and Wednesday, with likely little exciting happening, and then will be off at the end of the week. Not sure yet what I'm going to do. Have to take care of a few car things but depending on what my pay check looks like on Wednesday night, maybe I'll get out of the city for one day. If one of the days is going to be quite rainy I may just lay around watching TV and movies. I'm a bit in the mood for a lazy rainy day - but only if it's rainy. No lazy sunny days here. Not now. And then of course the weekly Tuesday night Italian by myself (except it'll be Thursday night this week). Okay, that's all for now. Night!

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment