Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A day in the city

We had another action packed day today. We started our morning by taking the ferry into Sydney from Watson's Bay. Here's a link to a short video I made on the trip. It is hard to hear me towards the end as it gets really windy. Here are some pictures from the ferry ride:





This is the Museum of Contemporary Art as it looks from the harbor. That's where the Yoko Ono exhibit is.

Once we got into the city we climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Here a link to a video I made while standing on the bridge. When we go to the other side of the bridge we had lunch at a cute little cafe in the Milson Park neighborhood. Then we went to Luna Park, an amusement park similar to Coney Island, where we had our photo taken with Santa. It was amazing!


Although this photo op was great, I wouldn't give Santa the highest marks ever. He didn't even ask us what we wanted for Christmas and when I told him I wanted money he told me he only gives out chocolate and lolies (candy). It was great to see Santa but a little more Christmas spirit would've been appreciated. But I guess it's hard to get into the season when every Christmas song speaks of snow and you're in a place where its 85 degrees outside.... 

On our way to Luna Park we found this great little park under the north end of the harbor bridge. I just looked it up and apparently it's called Olympic Park, who knew? We snapped a few cool shots of the Sydney icons:






We also found a really cool tree in the park:


And a nice sign reminding all those people who are old enough to read but now old enough to know where to pee that the Sydney Harbor is not a toilet, nor is the small enclosure we are standing in, but rather they need to find a real restroom is they need to relieve themselves.


After all this excitement we hunted down the best gelato in Sydney at it's original store in Kings Cross. Here's my pistachio cone from Messina:


The day we rather exhausting so I'm not sure what we'll get into tonight but if it's anything fun I'll let you know!

Just as an update, last night I went back to the Cafe Lounge where they had comedy on Monday night. On Tuesdays they have a band and $3 pizzas. This price is unheard of in Sydney so I had to check it out, and they were good. I also finally got the chance to catch up Alejandra, my friend from Colombia who's living in Sydney. It was great to see her and eat some good food!

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment