Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I'm Staying in Auckland

Big news - I got the job! I went in today to the York Street Mechanics bar/restaurant/motorcycle repair shop to meet the owner Doug. We spent about 10 minutes chatting and he offered me the job. And I took it on the spot. I am to start full time next week (5 days/week) with 2 consecutive days off. He wants me to work for the next 3 months so that's what I'm gonna do. I think this will work great as it will give me time to still see everything I want to see on the North Island while I'm living in Auckland. I still plan to go to Queenstown come the winter time and it sounds like Doug knows lots of people in hospitality down there so he may be able to help me line something up before I arrive. It's kind of fun to change my plans based on a 10 minute conversation - what fun total freedom can be! I now have a car and a job. I can drive where ever I want and can now afford to pay for my fuel! This trip is getting better by the minute! Yay!!!

As for living, I offered to Terry and Mim that I'd be happy to pay rent and food expenses if they want the extra income otherwise I'm happy to find another place to live. I want them to think about it for a few days but I'm not too concerned. I now have money coming in so I can afford to find somewhere else to live as well if needed :)

In other news, I sent my car to the mechanics today. Not too many problems. Cost me $160 for the labor and parts from today. Now I'm all good to go!

I also got to see Alanna (Canada) today. She's in Auckland for the evening so we went for a drink in Mission Bay. Having my car was so great because we got to cruise the beaches and had a blast doing it! She's not leaving until 3 pm tomorrow so we're gonna hang again then. I need to go shopping for a few pairs of jeans for my new job and then we're gonna have a good meal before she leaves for her 10 day silent meditation retreat. I think she's crazy to do it but she's excited. Actually, I'm excited for her but I wouldn't be able to last 1 day without talking.

That's all for now.

Best!


No comments:

Post a Comment