Monday, March 3, 2014

Karekare Beach

After Rosie and I finished watching Pocahontas I decided to head to one of the western beaches. As back story for those of you who don't know, I was not allowed to watch Disney movies as a child. My parents did not like them because all of the main characters in Disney movies come from broken homes - the parents are dead, or missing, or otherwise absent. Think about, they're all the same! Anyways, I have a lot of catching up to do in this regard and so Rosie and I decided to make some headway today we got through 2 of the Disney classics that I've never seen: Beauty and the Beast and Pocahontas. I thought Beauty and the Beast was quite scary but a good movie. I was happy to finally see Pocahontas because I saw the trailer so many times as a kid before my Lion King video started. Yes, I understand that Lion King is Disney movie. Technically I owned 2 Disney movies as a kid, The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp. Of all the rest, I haven't seen many. But after today I'm closer than before to seeing all of the classics. Anyways, back to the real point of this post - Karekare beach - after finishing Pocahontas I decided to drive over to Karekare beach to check it out. It's supposed to be very beautiful! It's a bit of a drive over there - about 45 minutes on steep, curving, hilly roads through the Waitakere Range. When I eventually made it it was cloudy and very windy and starting to sprinkle but I hiked out to the beach anyways. When I got there it was way too windy to do anything, even walk all the way to the water, but I took a few photos. Here they are:




They photos aren't all that great - sorry. That's all I've got from that little beach adventure. The wind was blowing the sand so fast at my legs that it actually hurt so I didn't have a bunch of time to take lots of photos.

Anyways, tonight we had a little celebratory family dinner. My last night at with the Lewell's and Kelsey and Rosie's first night back. Tomorrow I'm moving to my new place in the city.

That's all for now.

Best! 

1 comment:

  1. If only I had known we would have had a Disney marathon AGES ago. So glad you are catching up on your movie education!! I don't know how it works with new movies getting there, but Frozen got so much buzz and it is as good as they say it is. If not, you can watch it with me when you get back! :) Lots of orphans, but its amazing.

    ReplyDelete