Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Phoebe is gone :(

Phoebe left today for Dunedin. It was a sad day here. I'm going to miss having a friend around. But now that hanging out at home won't be so enjoyable maybe I will stop watching so much Kardashians and Teen Mom!

In more exciting news, I got to call into my book club meeting today. So nice to talk to all my friends back in the states! It's really weird that everyone is living their lives back in MN and I'm here living my life in Auckland. I mean obviously everyone is still there but it's so easy to forget it all exists when you're not in the middle of it anymore.

I had dinner with my NZ family tonight. I talked with them about my job troubled and how I'm applying for a few new jobs. All seems well there.

I feel like I had more to talk about from today but maybe I don't....

Oh yes, an interesting little observation about music here in NZ: they are really into old school rap/hip-hop. Do you guys remember the song "No Scrubs" by TLC? If not, click here for a listen. Anyways, this song came out in the US 1999. I doubt it's been played on any radio station in the US for 10 years and I've heard it at least 3 times in the last week on the radio here. One of the stations, 88.6 FM, has this program called the "Hot 500". Sounds like it must be the500 hottest songs in NZ, right? Well it's mostly hip-hop songs from the late 90's early 2000's, lots of Nelly, TLC, Ludacris, etc... I'm not sure if it just takes that long for music to get down here or what but I'm just floored that "No Scrubs" could still possibly be one of the hottest 500 songs in NZ.

Either way, it is nice to hear so much old school music since I know all the lyrics and can sing along. Brings back lots of memories from my younger years. How sweet.

Anyways, that's all for today. Tomorrow I've got interview #2 with the Hipgroup followed by rock climbing in the evening. Sounds like fun, right?

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment